Breaking: Ralph Lauren announces they are shuttering their Rugby brand in their fiscal reports today.
It is difficult for me to describe how saddened I am by this. The image above is one the fall rig shots from my tenure there. The brand that was put together by Lee Norwood and John Fiske and displayed in that room was classic, irreverent and full of wit and humor. The designers I worked with there were among the most talented in the business. When they were allowed to put their product together they way they envisioned it, the end result was one of the most visually impactful brands in the market.
Bolded for emphasis. I think Rugby’s end proves that sometimes the guys upstairs don’t always know what’s best.
1. It’s much easier to get what you want if you dress for it.
2. Reason is a stranger to our motives.
3. Morning brings the excitement of the future, but some mornings it seems preferable to stay in bed with the past.
4. It’s a little disturbing when someone you admire shows an interest in someone you don’t.
5. Nothing induces perfection like passion.
Mixing the new EP at Converse Rubbertracks studio. Shouts out to the homie Aaron!
aksjdfklasjdfkjasdlfj Denim and Supply.